Agents of Change Submissions
The Washington State Jewish Historical Society (WSJHS) announces the expansion of Agents of Change: 20 Remarkable Jewish Women of Washington State, an exhibit on notable contemporary Jewish women that traveled to both MOHAI and the Washington State History Museum.
WSJHS expands the project with a new exhibit titled, Agents of Change: Washington’s Jewish Women’s Stories- with Jewish Women’s Archive (JWA).
“Agents of Change” are remarkable Jewish women of Washington State who made their mark, created change, and inspired others. Are you a self-identified woman from Washington State who broke a barrier, stood up to lead, went above and beyond, or achieved something meaningful, or do you know someone who is? If so, we want to hear from you.
Please note that your "story" should be no more than about 2 paragraphs or under 3 minutes if you would prefer submitting an audio file through the form below. We are not looking for your life story, but instead a statement about what is meaningful to you, what you have accomplished, what you feel is significant to you or your family or the community. Again, NOT your life story here.
By submitting a story to this question set, I understand that it will be evaluated by the Washington State Jewish Historical Society for inclusion in the digital museum, The Washington Jewish Museum.
Prompts - these prompts are ONLY suggestions and you might only answer one or two of them in your SHORT story submission:
- How did you or your family come to live in Washington State? What has your experience been like here?
- Describe a time in your life when you took a risk or had a powerful experience and challenged yourself. What did you learn from this experience?
- What barriers have you faced, if any, and how have they made you feel?
- Could you share a time in your life when being a Jewish woman was particularly meaningful or particularly challenging? How does Jewish wisdom, practice, or identity show up for you today?
- Is there anything I haven’t asked about that you would like to share?